Location: Tembisa, City of Tshwane
The Tembisa Pad Drive collects pads to give to underprivileged girls while also sharing education on health wellness specific to bleed week. Lebogang and Boitumelo took it upon themselves to do what the government isn’t – to award young girls their right to go through their period with dignity – by giving them free pads.
“…no one must regret being born female.”
Twice a year, the Tembisa Pad Drive hosts young girls in the community for a discussion on challenges faced by the girl-child to offer them advice and motivation to strive for a better future for themselves. The objectives are simple, among others they want to:
- Help young girls improve their self-concept
- Educate them on the importance of self-care
- Give the girls comprehensive sex education
You know the saying, “No good deed goes unpunished.” I wouldn’t say they are punished per se, but they have challenges. They don’t have enough pads, they can’t travel as far and as often as they would like to and they don’t have a consistent list of donors. Thus, your help would be greatly appreciated!
Contact them via these details and give some pads, money or more pads and more money.
073 607 8885 / 071 035 0346
Drop off points (Please don’t show up unannounced)
- 894/30 Mashemong section, Dorado Street, Tembisa,1632 (Next to Tembisa station)
- Unit 0308 Myer’s Place, 72 Trevenna, Robert Sobukwe Street, Sunnyside, 0002 (Next to DTI)